Three things to note:
- This includes opening and ending theme songs.
- These are YouTube videos, so sorry if they are muted or taken down because of copyright or whatever.
- I cannot explain why I like these songs because I would probably only provide empty feedback like “This song is catchy” or some other simple adjective phrase like that. I am no music connoisseur.
Anyway, I am pretty selective about what songs I like, especially when it comes down to anime theme songs (I can only think of 16 that I like, only 4 of which are endings), but the ones I do like are among my favorites. I cannot understand Japanese, but I don’t need to understand the lyrics of a song to enjoy it (in fact, in some cases, it’s probably best that I don’t know). However, the problem I tend to have with opening themes is: if the theme is catchy enough, it will hinder a good percentage of the attention I pay to the anime itself. This is especially true with numbers 3 and 1 on this list. Speaking of the list, here it is:
3. “Stalemate! (すているめいと!)” by IOSYS jk Girls (D-Frag! opening)
2. “Maware! Setsugetsuka (回レ！雪月花)” by Hitomi Harada, Ai Kayano, and Yui Ogura (Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai ending)
I tend to think of this one as the Japanese version of “You Spin Me Right Round”.
1. “black bullet” by fripSide (Black Bullet opening)
I was hoping they would incorporate this theme into one of the fight scenes like To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (which is pretty much what got me liking “only my railgun”) but, alas, they did not.